12.05.2010

Traditions...Christmas Countdown & Advent!



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Yeah! It is my favorite time of year and while I have been sort of unable to get in the groove "on time" this year...I am really getting in the spirit now! So this month I will be sharing with you a few of my favorite traditions for the Holiday Season! Some of them are old, some are new, and some a quirky (like me) but I hope you will enjoy them.  Feel free to share your ideas too...can you ever have enough?  I have a fun Christmas Countdown & Advent that I use. The list has fun Christmas activities like "Drink Hot Chocolate & read the Polar Express" or "Make Christmas goodies for the Neighbors" or "Make gingerbread houses" & "Happy Birthday Jesus crafts"...the list goes on and on.  I just made a spreadsheet in Excel and now I can use it to cut the days into strips and make a paper chain, or put them in a jar and grab a new one out each day, or wrap them around candy or toys and put them in a little Christmas House (that's what I do these days).  Some people hang up little socks or mittens on a string with clothes pins and place little goodies in each one to be revealed each day.   Whatever the method, have fun! love- *laura* xoxox  (P.S. If you are dying for a copy of my list just drop me a quick email at panfilio@mac.com and I would love to pass it on to you.  It's a little late to use it for 25 days but you can go from today...or try just doing just the "Twelve days of Christmas" this year!)

No comments: